Osler’s Real Estate Practice Group advises on the full range of real estate related transactions. In particular, Osler is highly recommended for our work advising Canadian real estate investment managers, pension funds, participants in public-private partnerships, REITs, and helping to deliver a broad variety of domestic and cross-border corporate transactions that include real estate matters.
Our integrated network of offices in Toronto, Calgary, Montréal, Ottawa and New York, our undisputed reputation for real estate finance and our ability to provide seamless, efficient service provides clients with a significant competitive advantage. Businesses of all sizes value our expertise, precision and deep specialization in commercial real estate law. But our constant availability, total client focus, and the flexibility, speed and efficiency with which we deliver service is what separates Osler from other Canadian law firms and inspires clients to repeatedly recommend us to their colleagues and business partners.
- Exceptional Client Focus: You can trust us to provide service above and beyond the call of duty, over the life-cycle of your investments. We invest for the long-term in our client relationships which allows us to anticipate potential business or legal issues, and present solutions in a timely manner.
- Certainty: We manage matters to ensure your transactions close on time and on budget. Our investments in technology and knowledge management solutions allow us to manage files in real time and help our clients make decisions to keep legal costs in control and minimize surprises.
- Speed and Flexibility: We know that one size does not fit all. Our deep specialization and diverse legal experience allows us to quickly assess requirements and tailor our advice to fit the risk profile of a transaction.
- Comprehensive Services and Solutions: We can deploy a team with the requisite experience in virtually all areas of real estate and land use. We draw from our colleagues in tax, construction, infrastructure, municipal and environmental law to provide creative solutions and practical advice on matters that require a high degree of specialized knowledge.
- Experience with a Diverse Client Base: We advise corporations, manufacturers, off-shore and Canadian institutional investors, pension funds, developers, REITS, borrowers, lenders, vendors, purchasers, and governments. We have assisted Canadian and international clients, guiding foreign investors safely through the maze of issues affecting Canadian holdings, including tax and government review and regulation of certain investments.
We provide advice in the following areas, for the mid-market, for portfolio transactions and for one-time transactions:
- Acquisitions, Dispositions and Joint Ventures;
- Financing Arrangements and Remedies;
- Pension Fund Investments;
- Property and Asset Management;
- Development Projects/Brownfields.
A Recognized Leader
At Osler, we measure our success by our ability to help our clients achieve their goals. According to feedback from clients, we’re on the right track. Osler lawyers are consistently recognized in numerous client and peer reviews of top legal advisors. In The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2012, the firm is “consistently recommended” for its work in property development and the 2013 edition of Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business states: "They have a strong client base and are significant players."