Insolvency and Restructuring: Overview
Osler’s Insolvency & Restructuring Group is Canada’s leading multi-disciplinary practice offering top-tier legal expertise in all aspects required to resolve the most compelling business challenges. Our team based, multi-disciplinary approach delivers innovative and integrated solutions for complex business-critical matters. Osler succeeds for several reasons:
- Diverse Clientele and Wide-Ranging Scope. We act for all types of clients dealing with challenging business circumstances and deliver leading-edge counsel in complex matters throughout the North American economy. We are relied upon as tested and trusted advisors to directors, senior executives, in-house counsel, credit and investment officers and fund managers, as well as other professional advisors, court-appointed officers and regulators. In addition to providing advice and leadership in distress situations, we are frequently consulted on mergers & acquisitions, securitizations and derivatives, credit matters, supply chain management, financial reporting and governance in business-critical situations.
- Multi-Disciplinary Approach. Solving complex business challenges requires an integrated application of expertise and perspective across many different disciplines. Osler’s Insolvency & Restructuring practice is based on a multi-disciplinary approach that draws upon market leading resources throughout the Firm to deliver integrated solutions seamlessly and effectively to meet the needs of any business-critical situation.
- Cross-Border Strength. We have extensive relationships with U.S. based advisors and have earned a leadership position in crafting comprehensive cross-border solutions in North America. We were among the first counsel globally to structure cross border protocols governing administrative process, substantive treatment and court-to-court communications in international insolvencies and we continue to be leaders in North America in that regard.
- Scalable Staffing with Deep Expertise. We invest heavily in the training and development of our personnel and have built a dedicated team with rigorous standards and market leadership for over 30 years. Our clients gain the benefit of a professional “depth chart” at varying levels of seniority that allows us to tailor the team to meet the demands of any business-critical situation in a cost-effective manner while providing innovative solutions that only deep expertise can. That experience and expertiseallow Osler to deliver practical, commercially achievable solutions to compelling business challenges.
- Rapid Response. We engage quickly, efficiently and effectively to meet the needs of any business-critical situation, regardless of the level of complexity.
Call us when it matters.
Both IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms and Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business rank Osler among the leading law firms in Canada for Insolvency & Restructuring. IFLR notes that ”Osler’s restructuring and insolvency team has a reputation for its depth of experience and integrated approach across offices,” while theChambersGlobal says that sources declare Osler ”is one of the best Canadian firms we work with.”
Business-Critical Transaction and Advisory Services
We provide a full suite of business-critical transaction and advisory services in challenging circumstances including:
Agent’s Counsel (Syndicates)
Plans of Arrangement
Plans of Compromise
Plans of Reorganization