Insolvency and Restructuring: Overview
Osler’s Insolvency & Restructuring Group is Canada’s leading multi-disciplinary practice offering top-tier legal expertise in all aspects required to resolve the most compelling business challenges. Our team based, multi-disciplinary approach delivers innovative and integrated solutions for complex business-critical matters. Osler succeeds for several reasons:
- Diverse Clientele and Wide-Ranging Scope. We act for all types of clients dealing with challenging business circumstances and deliver leading-edge counsel in complex matters throughout the North American economy. We are relied upon as tested and trusted advisors to directors, senior executives, in-house counsel, credit and investment officers and fund managers, as well as other professional advisors, court-appointed officers and regulators. In addition to providing advice and leadership in distress situations, we are frequently consulted on mergers & acquisitions, securitizations and derivatives, credit matters, supply chain management, financial reporting and governance in business-critical situations.
- Multi-Disciplinary Approach. Solving complex business challenges requires an integrated application of expertise and perspective across many different disciplines. Osler’s Insolvency & Restructuring practice is based on a multi-disciplinary approach that draws upon market leading resources throughout the Firm to deliver integrated solutions seamlessly and effectively to meet the needs of any business-critical situation.
- Cross-Border Strength. We have extensive relationships with U.S. based advisors and have earned a leadership position in crafting comprehensive cross-border solutions in North America. We were among the first counsel globally to structure cross border protocols governing administrative process, substantive treatment and court-to-court communications in international insolvencies and we continue to be leaders in North America in that regard.
- Scalable Staffing with Deep Expertise. We invest heavily in the training and development of our personnel and have built a dedicated team with rigorous standards and market leadership for over 30 years. Our clients gain the benefit of a professional “depth chart” at varying levels of seniority that allows us to tailor the team to meet the demands of any business-critical situation in a cost-effective manner while providing innovative solutions that only deep expertise can. That experience and expertiseallow Osler to deliver practical, commercially achievable solutions to compelling business challenges.
- Rapid Response. We engage quickly, efficiently and effectively to meet the needs of any business-critical situation, regardless of the level of complexity.
Call us when it matters.
Both IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms and Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business rank Osler among the leading law firms in Canada for Insolvency & Restructuring. IFLR notes that ”Osler’s restructuring and insolvency team has a reputation for its depth of experience and integrated approach across offices,” while the 2012 edition of ChambersGlobal says that sources declare Osler ”is one of the best Canadian firms we work with.”
Business-Critical Transaction and Advisory Services
We provide a full suite of business-critical transaction and advisory services in challenging circumstances including:
Agent’s Counsel (Syndicates)
Plans of Arrangement
Plans of Compromise
Plans of Reorganization