We act on behalf of leading North American and international financial institutions and a wide variety of global industry leaders on a spectrum of finance transactions. With our network of offices across Canada and in New York, we seamlessly navigate between U.S., international and Canadian lending environments, anticipate and address industry-specific issues and provide integrated banking and debt finance expertise on domestic and cross-border transactions. Osler’s Financial Services team is recognized by leading surveys of legal professionals, including:
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2012 – Osler is ranked among the “Most Frequently Recommended” (tier one) firms in the Toronto market in Banking & Financial Institutions law.
- IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms 2013 – competitors describe Osler as “strong on the banking side” while clients note our “deep bench firm-wide” and ability to “utilise the wide expertise of the firm.”
- Chambers Global 2012: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business – Osler is identified as “a dominant presence in Toronto”, with our leading lawyers in the area recognized for “first class service” and “strong technical skills.”
We provide advice to national and multinational employers, pension plan sponsors and administrators, public sector pension funds and financial institutions with respect to the Canadian and U.S./cross-border legal and regulatory aspects of pension plans and employee benefits plans. Pensions & Benefits Law is a discussion of Canadian and U.S./cross-border Pensions & Benefit Legal Issues. Osler’s Pensions & Benefits team is recognized by leading surveys of legal professionals, including:
- Chambers Global 2012: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business – Osler is ranked in “Band One” (top tier) in Pensions & Benefits Law with its practice described by sources as “one of the best in Canada” and “one of the top for pensions.”
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2012 – Osler is ranked among Canada’s “Most Frequently Recommended” (tier one) firms in Pensions and Employee Benefits law.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2013 – Osler is positioned as “top-ranked” by number of lawyers listed in Employee Benefits law in the following markets: Canada-wide; Ontario and Quebec, provincially; and Toronto and Montréal, regionally.
Our Technology team combines practitioners with subject matter expertise and industry knowledge on: Information Technology, Outsourcing and Complex Services Arrangements, Privacy and Regulatory Compliance & Innovation Business. Osler’s Technology team is recognized by leading surveys of legal professionals, including:
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2012 lists Osler as the #1 firm in the Ottawa and Montréal markets in its “Technology Lawyers Who’s Who” section.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2012 also lists Osler among the “consistently recommended” firms in Technology Transactions law in the Ottawa, Montréal and Toronto markets.
- PLC Multijurisdictional Outsourcing & IT Guide 2012 – Osler is listed among Canada’s “Leading” (tier one) firms in Outsourcing and Information Technology law.
- Chambers Global 2012: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business – Osler is ranked among Canada’s leading Information Technology practices, and is noted for its “long-standing strength” and “significant expertise in IT contracting.”