Monique Jérôme-Forget is a Special Advisor in the Osler Montréal office. Since June 2013, Quebec's Minister of Finance and the Economy, Nicolas Marceau, named her to be part of a task force that will examine the measures to put into place in order to allow Quebec businesses to better protect themselves from hostile takeover bids and foster the development of head offices. In 2010, she was appointed by the Minister of Finance of the Federal Government, Mr. James (Jim) Flaherty, to the Economic Advisory Council which is made up of eleven high profile members from across Canada.
She was a Member of the National Assembly from 1998 until April 2009 and served as Minister of Finance, Minister of Government Services, President of the Treasury Board. In addition, she has been a Vice Rector at Concordia University, Assistant Deputy Minister of Health and Welfare Canada, President and CEO of the Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail and Chair of its related research institute.
She has been active with a number of community, cultural, medical and educational organizations namely, the OECD as the founder and 1st President of the Social Policy Committee, the Montreal Symphony Orchestra, the World Health Organization, the Québec Foundation for the Environment, International Commission for Workers Compensation, The Queen’s University Institute for Intergovernmental Relations, McGill University Institute for Canadian studies and the Canadian Medical Council for several years and has also been President of the Institute for Research on Public Policy as well as a columnist for The Financial Post and Les Affaires.
- 2012 P3 Champion awared by The Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships
- Names amoung the top 10 women of influence - La Presse (2013)
- 2013 Women of Outstanding Achievement Award - Women’s Y Foundation
- Officière of the Ordre national du Québec (2013)
Pro Bono/Community Work
Madame Jérôme-Forget is a member of the following Boards of Directors:
- McCord Museum (president)
- Quartier de l’innovation (member)
- Cinemania (member)
- Foundation of Greater Montreal (member)
- Clinical Research Institute of Montreal (IRCM) (member)
- Until recently, Astral Media (third woman to ever sit on the board of directors)
- Bank of Canada (member)