Robert has extensive experience in domestic, cross-border and international corporate restructurings, workouts, bankruptcies, insolvencies, credit and loan recoveries, foreclosures and complex commercial litigation. He has over 33 years experience in representing and advising secured and unsecured creditors, lienholders, landlords, tenants, equipment lessors, debtors, receivers, trustees, liquidators, monitors and purchasers. Robert also has extensive experience in large real estate, corporate, commercial, energy, employment, intellectual property, tort and products liability litigation (including arbitration).
Robert's representative engagements include:
- Debtors or monitor in Caribou, Athlete’s World, SemCanada Group and Earthfirst restructurings.
- Creditors, contractors, landlords, tenants, equipment lessors, trustees or prospective purchasers in Trizec, Fracmaster, Canadian Airlines, Liberty Oil, ProMax Energy, Mirant Canada, Joggers, Androscoggin, Octane, Calpine, Medican and Oilsands Quest restructurings.
- Creditors or purchasers in creditor-sponsored plans of arrangement in Williston Wildcatters, Blue Range Resource Corp. and Skyreach restructurings.
- Receivers or creditors in RNG Group, Brinkerhoff, Carmanah Resources, Vulcan Machinery, Serval, Hartland, Ice Drilling, Merit Energy, Wild Rose Furniture, Evans Consoles and Tirecraft receiverships.
- Liquidators of Canadian Commercial Bank and Standard Trust Company.
- Lenders for recovery of loans secured against office towers and large shopping malls.
- Canadian energy marketers affected by turbulence in the energy derivatives industry.
- Lenders in recovering secured or unsecured loans.
- Owners in construction disputes between owners, lienholders, contractors and/or subcontractors concerning: industrial, commercial or residential real estate developments; pipelines; processing plants (construction and decommissioning); oil upgrader; and industrial coal conveyor.
- Counterparty in complex, multi-billion dollar international arbitration dispute regarding an oil sands joint venture.
- Owners of intellectual property or alleged infringers in intellectual property disputes.
- Owners or users of confidential, proprietary information in disputes regarding unauthorized appropriation or use of such information.