Robert has extensive experience in domestic, cross-border and international corporate restructurings, workouts, bankruptcies, insolvencies, credit and loan recoveries, foreclosures and complex commercial litigation. He has more than 30 years of experience in representing and advising secured and unsecured creditors, lienholders, landlords, tenants, equipment lessors, debtors, receivers, trustees, liquidators, monitors and purchasers. Robert also has extensive experience in large real estate, corporate, commercial, energy, employment, construction, tort and products liability litigation.
Robert's representative engagements include:
- Debtors or monitor in Caribou, Athlete’s World, SemCanada Group,Earthfirst, Perera and Homburg restructurings.
- Creditors, contractors, landlords, tenants, equipment lessors, trustees or prospective purchasers in Trizec, Fracmaster, Canadian Airlines, Liberty Oil, ProMax Energy, Mirant Canada, Joggers, Androscoggin, Octane, Calpine and Medican restructurings.
- Creditors or purchasers in creditor-sponsored plans of arrangement in Williston Wildcatters, Blue Range Resource Corp. and Skyreach restructurings.
- Receivers or creditors in RNG Group, Brinkerhoff, Carmanah Resources, Vulcan Machinery, Serval, Hartland, Ice Drilling, Merit Energy, Wild Rose Furniture and Evans Consoles receiverships.
- Liquidators of Canadian Commercial Bank and Standard Trust Company.
- Lenders for recovery of loans secured against office towers and large shopping malls.
- Canadian energy marketers affected by turbulence in the energy derivatives industry.
- Lenders in recovering secured or unsecured loans.