Practical advice on competition/antitrust matters is possible only when your legal counsel has first-hand experience dealing with the most complex and difficult business situations. Canadian, U.S. and international businesses and law firms come to Osler’s Competition/Antitrust and Foreign Investment Group with their most challenging problems and business critical transactions – and Osler answers with our blend of outstanding expertise, exceptional and efficient service, and seamless support to clients of all sizes and in all industries. Our team of dedicated competition/antitrust experts are repeatedly chosen as counsel for four differentiating factors:
- Our lawyers are a seasoned group of “purists” – we don’t dabble. This deep specialization allows us to identify issues, be exceptionally responsive and provide outstanding service in an area that is often highly complex and critical to the success of key business decisions.
- Our team includes experienced litigators. Having been involved in virtually every Canadian and cross-border competition-related class action, Osler offers strategic insights and counsel to clients facing or managing litigation.
- As the pre-eminent mergers and acquisitions firm in Canada, our competition/antitrust lawyers cut their teeth on transactions. Our ability to rapidly and effectively navigate regulatory processes, and game-changing amendments to the Canadian competition environment, is unsurpassed in the Canadian market.
- The Osler team includes a former Senior General Counsel at Canada’s Competition Bureau and Justice Department. This extensive experience prosecuting competition law cases, combined with regulatory investigations expertise, provides unique insight and compelling value to our clients.
Our team’s expertise is formidable and deep. Ask Osler’s competition/antitrust lawyers about:
- Abuse of Dominance and Monopolization
- Antitrust Counselling and Compliance
- Cartels and Bid Rigging
- Class Action Litigation
- Competition Litigation
- Competitor Collaborations/Strategic Alliances
- Criminal Defence
- Government/Regulatory Investigations
- Investment Canada Act and Foreign Investment
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Misleading Advertising and Deceptive Telemarketing
- Pricing Practices and Distribution Strategies (price maintenance, tied selling, refusals to deal)
- Search and Seizure
Osler’s Competition/Antitrust Group is recognized in the world’s leading surveys: Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers 2012 ranks Osler as one of the leading Canadian firms, noting that clients consider Osler’s Competition/Antitrust Group to consist of lawyers with “very high standards.” Osler is also listed as “consistently recommended” by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2012.