Sandeep Joshi is a senior associate in the Litigation department in the firm’s Calgary office. His practice focuses on class actions, regulatory investigations and related proceedings, as well as complex product liability, competition/antitrust, corporate and commercial matters. He has appeared as counsel before all levels of court in Ontario, the Alberta Court of Queen's Bench, the B.C. Supreme Court, the Federal Court and various regulatory agencies and administrative tribunals. Prior to joining Osler in 2013, Sandeep practised in the Toronto office of another preeminent Canadian law firm.
Sandeep has recently been involved in representing:
- An international life insurance company in the successful defence, at trial, of a class action related to demutualization.
- A major social networking website in the defence of a proposed privacy class action.
- Global pharmaceutical companies in the defence of a number of proposed product liability class actions and individual product liability claims.
- A nutritional supplements company in the defence of a proposed product liability class action.
- An energy drink company in the defence of a proposed product liability class action.
- A leading live entertainment ticketing and marketing company in the defence of proposed class actions involving allegations of statutory breaches, civil conspiracy and unjust enrichment.
- A financial cooperative in the defence of a consumer protection class action.
- Companies in the automotive parts, electronics, airline, shipping, building, fitness and energy and environmental waste management industries in investigations under the Competition Act and the defence of related class actions.
- Companies in connection with responding to orders issued under section 11 of the Competition Act.
- Companies and individuals in connection with investigations and related proceedings commenced by various securities regulators.
- An energy services company in connection with an internal investigation and related proceedings regarding stock option practices.
- A luxury automobile company in the defence of product liability claims.
- A number of leading energy (oil and gas) companies in court and arbitration proceedings related to commercial disputes.
- An automotive parts manufacturer in the defence of a complex claim relating to contractual and commercial issues, confidential information and intellectual property.