Larry Lowenstein, Deborah Glendinning, Jeremy Dacks, Christopher Naudie, Maureen Killoran, KC, Laura Fric, Tristram Mallett, J. Bradley White, David Morritt, Mark A. Gelowitz, Allan Coleman
Feb 8, 2013
Osler is proud to announce that 21 of its lawyers appear in Benchmark Litigation’s 2013 issue of Benchmark Canada, their annual publication recognizing Canada’s leading litigation lawyers. These 21 lawyers were awarded a total of 18 “Litigation Star”, 18 “Local Litigation Star”, and 3 “Future Star” rankings.
Osler’s Ontario practice, which is conducted through both its Toronto and Ottawa offices, is ranked “Highly Recommended”. It is quoted to have “risen among the ranks to the position of being considered one of the province’s more venerated firms and indeed one of the more recognized ones in the country as well”. Peers recognize Osler as having “one of the strongest litigation teams in Toronto, who are involved in some of the most high-profile cases in the province”.
Benchmark Canada also positions Osler’s Montreal office as “Highly Recommended”. With respect to litigation, a peer enthuses that “Osler built up their litigation team very well in Montréal, better than most of the national firms have”. This team includes “practitioners who are cheered by competitors for their acumen in matters of a provincial and international nature”.
The commentary goes on to say that Osler’s “blossoming Calgary office, where a “noticeably younger” team of litigators attend to matters concerning major clients in Alberta’s flourishing oil and gas markets as well as technology providers, insurers and corporate officers”. Peers note that “the Osler litigators in Calgary are not as well known, but I suspect that will change because they are seeing some real growth over there, and have a stable of fresh blood helping to make the mark”.
We congratulate the following Osler lawyers on their successful inclusion in this year’s issue, in the categories listed:
- David Aitken (Ottawa) – Intellectual Property
- Glen Bloom (Ottawa) – Intellectual Property
- Allan Coleman (Toronto) – General Commercial; Securities
- Silvana Conte (Montréal) – General Commercial; Class Action
- Suzanne Côté (Montréal) – General Commercial; Insurance
- Jeremy Dacks (Toronto) – Insolvency
- Colin Feasby (Calgary) – General Commercial; Securities; Energy and Natural Resources
- Laura Fric (Toronto) – General Commercial; Securities; Class Action
- Mark Gelowitz (Toronto) – Class Action; General Commercial; Securities
- Deborah Glendinning (Toronto) – Class Action; Product Liability
- George Hendy (Montéal) – Class Action; General Commercial Arbitration
- Mahmud Jamal (Toronto) – Class Action; General Commercial; Competition; Tax; Constitutional
- Maureen Killoran (Calgary) – General Commercial; Energy and Natural Resources; White Collar Crime; Aboriginal
- Marcus Klee (Ottawa) – Intellectual Property
- Larry Lowenstein (Toronto) – Class Action; General Commercial; Securities
- Sylvain Lussier (Montréal) – Aboriginal; General Commercial; Constitutional
- Tristram Mallett (Calgary) – Class Action; Securities; General Commercial
- David Morritt (Toronto) – Class Action
- Christopher Naudie (Toronto) – Class Action; Competition
- Graham Reynolds, Q.C. (Toronto) – General Commercial
- J. Bradley White (Ottawa) – Intellectual Property
For a complete list of Osler’s rankings, please click here.
The results in Benchmark Canada are “a culmination of a four-month research period”, including “extensive interviews with litigators and their clients”.
For additional information, please visit Benchmark Litigation.