Adam Kardash, Ed Vandenberg, Etienne Massicotte, Mark Brender, Sandra Abitan, Ad. E. , Shawn Denstedt, KC, Sonia Bjorkquist
Aug 21, 2018
Osler is proud to announce that it has been recognized by Best Lawyers as the 2019 Canadian “Law Firm of the Year” in the practice areas of Tax and Energy Law. The publication also recognized 158 Osler practitioners as leading lawyers in their respective practice areas, including 107 lawyers in Toronto (which was the highest number in that region). In addition, the following 11 Osler partners have each been named “Lawyer of the Year” in their practice areas:
- Adam Kardash (Toronto) – Privacy and Data Security Law
- Craig Wright (Ottawa) – Technology Law
- Edward Vandenberg (Ottawa) – Corporate Law
- Etienne Massicotte (Montréal) – Asset-Based Lending Practice
- Mark Brender (Montréal) – Trusts and Estates
- Peter E. Milligan (Toronto) – Structured Finance Law
- Robert Desbarats, Q.C. (Calgary) – Natural Resources Law
- Sandra Abitan (Montréal) – Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- Shawn Denstedt, Q.C. (Calgary) – Energy Regulatory Law
- Sonia Bjorkquist (Toronto) – Product Liability Law
- Sylvain Lussier (Montréal) – Class Action Litigation
Best Lawyers is one of the most respected peer review publications in the legal profession, recognizing the top attorneys in over 100 practice areas. Recognition by Best Lawyers is based solely on peer review: attorneys that are currently recognized provide feedback on candidates, and the results are collected and reviewed. The individual attorneys with the highest overall peer feedback are recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective practice areas. Read more about the recognitions here.
Osler’s Taxation Group operates as an integrated unit and in partnership with our clients to develop sophisticated solutions to the most complex and important tax issues. Our team offers clients expert advice on a broad range of taxation matters including: M&A, corporate reorganizations and restructurings, tax advisory services, tax controversy and litigation, transfer pricing, Canada/U.S. cross-border tax planning, indirect tax and more.
Osler’s Energy Group has expertise in every fuel source and every jurisdiction, both domestic and international, and can help clients successfully navigate the complexities of a wide range of power developments and transactions.
For a list of all recognized lawyers, please click here [PDF].