Feb 19, 2019
Osler is proud to have advised on five of Lexpert’s top 10 deals of 2018, including Constellation Brands in its $5.1-billion strategic investment and partnership with Canopy Growth Corporation, and certain secured lenders in the acquisition of substantially all the assets of Essar Steel Algoma. Osler advised on the following five transactions in Lexpert’s top 10 deals of 2018:
- Constellation Brands in its $5.1-billion strategic investment in and partnership with Canopy Growth Corporation
- Algoma Steel Inc. and certain senior secured term lenders in Canada in Algoma’s acquisition of substantially all the assets of Essar Steel Algoma in connection to a restructuring under the CCAA
- the underwriters in connection with Canadian Tire’s debt offering to partially fund the acquisition of Helly Hansen
- an institutional partner of Brookfield Infrastructure in connection with Brookfield’s $4.3-billion acquisition of Enercare Inc.
- an alternate bidder in the Gordie Howe International Bridge Project
The Lexpert Top 10 list identifies deals that have significant Canadian legal content, represent a trend, illustrate some aspect of the year’s economic climate or foretell things to come. Read more about Lexpert’s top 10 deals of 2018.