May 25, 2021
Osler is proud to announce that we’ve been recognized for the second consecutive year at the 2021 Canadian Law Awards. Osler received five awards including Infrastructure Deal of the Year, Insolvency and Restructuring Deal of the Year, M&A Deal of the Year, Mid-Market Deal of the Year and Commercial Litigation Team of the Year. Congratulations to our lawyers for their work on the following mandates:
- TC Pipeline (Infrastructure Deal of the Year)
- Osler acted for KKR and AIMCo in their joint acquisition of a combined 65% equity interest from TC Energy in the $6.8B Coastal GasLink Pipeline Project.
- CCAA restructuring of Cirque du Soleil (Insolvency and Restructuring Deal of the Year)
- Osler advised TPG in its submission of a stalking horse bid for Cirque du Soleil’s assets in partnership with Fosun, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Investissement Québec.
- KingSett Capital and Starlight Investments’ $4.9 billion acquisition of Northview Apartment REIT (M&A Deal of the Year)
- Osler acted for KingSett Capital on behalf of KingSett Real Estate Growth LP No.7, KingSett Canadian Real Estate Income Fund, and other investors, in connection with its $4.9 billion acquisition, with Starlight Investments, of Northview Apartment REIT.
- Richardson GMP in its acquisition by GMP Capital (Mid-Market Deal of the Year)
- Osler acted for Richardson Financial Group in the sale of Richardson GMP to GMP Capital Inc.
- Attorney General of British Columbia v. Attorney General of Canada (B.C.) (Commercial Litigation Team of the Year)
- Osler appeared before the Supreme Court of Canada on behalf of both Trans Mountain and Enbridge to argue that proposed amendments to the B.C. Environmental Management Act are unconstitutional and specifically designed to target the Trans Mountain Pipeline Expansion Project.
In addition to the five awards, Osler also received 10 Excellence awards for our work on various “Deals of the Year” including Capital Markets Deal of the Year, Infrastructure Deal of the Year, Insolvency and Restructuring Deal of the Year, M&A Deal of the Year and Mid-Market Deal of the Year. Our National Litigation Department also received an excellence award for “Class Action Team of the Year”.
The Canadian Law Awards, presented by Lexpert, recognize Canada’s leading law firms, in-house legal teams, individuals and landmark deals that reflect excellence in the legal profession. For more information, visit the Canadian Law Awards website.