Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, with over 400 of our lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our lawyers, students, management and staff have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
Osler is currently recruiting for an Accounting Services Coordinator to join our Toronto office. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing timely, efficient, and professional accounting services to the Firm.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides accounting services such as processing cheque requisitions, petty cash claims, accounts payable, expense claims, cash receipts, and cost recoveries.
- Ensures accounts payable by electronic fund transfer (EFT) are processed correctly using on-line banking software.
- Completes daily bank runs on a timely basis – make deposits to Firm bank accounts, certify cheques, and pick up mail or cash for petty cash replenishment.
- Responds to general inquiries from both internal and external sources about policies, procedures, deadlines, and status of accounting-related transactions.
- Organizes filing and storage of related supporting documentation pursuant to Firm and external audit standards.
- Maintains and reconciles petty cash fund.
- Handles confidential materials and documents.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
The position requires a Community College diploma in a business discipline and/or 1 year of accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. New grads are welcome to apply!
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer applications (MS Excel and CMS Open or other computer accounting system).
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills are required to communicate with a number of various contacts internally and externally.
- Organizational and time management skills are necessary to work with detailed-oriented tasks and to efficiently multi-task.
- Bilingual in English and French would be an asset.
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
No agencies or phone calls/emails please.