Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our lawyers, students, management and staff have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator will be responsible for managing a portfolio of Accounts Receivable balances and resolving outstanding payment issues.
Please note this is a contract role for 15 months.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow up with clients regarding outstanding unpaid invoices by e-mail and phone.
- Handle client inquiries and resolves discrepancies. Maintains accurate records of all communications with clients and partners in the system.
- Meet with partners on a regular basis regarding their unpaid accounts and establish actions to be taken to collect unpaid invoices.
- Record all communications with clients and Partners regarding collection activities within Aderant’s collection module.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for review with billing partners, practice group chairs and office managing partners.
- Prepare an Accounts Receivable aging analysis report on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile client accounts, resolving overpayments made by clients and ensuring payments are applied to the correct invoices.
- Maintain an ongoing collection risk assessment and valuation for aged unpaid invoices in your portfolio. Provide the year analysis to the Firm’s external auditors.
- Prepare monthly write-offs of dormant accounts.
- Monitor client settlements and repayment schedules, ensuring that clients follow through on their commitments.
- Identify and implement process improvements and best practices to improve collection results, working with cross-functional teams to implement the changes where applicable.
- Participate in the implementation and testing of systems upgrades and billing/collection software.
Education and Experience
Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting or Business Management or equivalent experience to successfully complete the essential requirements of the role. Minimum 5 years of previous related experience, preferably within a professional services firm. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in MS Office product suite with a strong working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word. Experience with Aderant and/or related accounting systems would be an asset.
- Strong client service orientation and ability to manage multiple client requirements at the same time.
- Ability to interact with senior members of the Firm, including the Partners and Senior Management.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail, efficient and organized.
- Ability to organize data to achieve desired results and design custom reports.
- Time management and organisational skills in order to efficiently multi-task and prioritize among many demands.
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills; able to work with tact, poise and discretion.
- Ability to work under pressure.
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing Date: September 25, 2020
No phone calls or agencies please.