Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our more than 1,000 firm members are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York.
Are you an administrative professional looking to take your next step? Do you enjoy variety in your day? Then look no further than this great opportunity to grow your career or carve out a new path at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP as an Administrative Assistant. The Legal Talent Department provides HR services to legal professionals (lawyers and law students) as well as the learning and development team.
If you are a pro-active self-starter with exceptional customer service, who likes variety in your day and takes initiative to complete the task at hand, this position on our team is for you!
- Provides professional administrative support to the Legal Talent Department management team, including planning departmental events, organizing meetings, managing expenses, attendance management, etc.
- Supports departmental projects and initiatives; maintain protocols, checklists and databases
- Communicates with staff at all levels and demonstrates tact and respect for confidential material
- Supports major processes, including performance reviews, recruitment, employment services, and learning and career development programming
Education and Experience
- Proven experience providing a broad range of administrative matters to meet the unique operational objectives of the Legal Talent team
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience. Experience in a large law firm or professional services context would be an asset
- Excellent organization skills, an ability to multi-task and regularly adapt to changing priorities or interruptions to work-flow all while handling sensitive information confidentially
- High technology proficiency including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing date: October 29, 2021.
No agencies or phone calls please.