Are you an Administrative professional looking to take your next step? Then look no further and grow your career or carve out a new path at Osler, and join our Legal Talent team as an Administrative Assistant
Description: We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to perform a wide variety of administrative tasks that support the unique needs of the Legal Talent Department’s employment groups (Associates, Paraprofessionals and Students), and career development program, as well as project and departmental support.
Our Administrative Assistant position requires excellent organization skills, an ability to multi-task and regularly adapt to changing priorities or interruptions to work-flow all while handling sensitive information confidentially. If you are a pro-active self-starter who likes variety in your day and takes initiative to complete the task at hand, this position on our team is for you.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide administrative support on our major processes, including,
- performance reviews for associates, paraprofessionals and students, and the upward review for partners
- lateral associate, paraprofessional and student recruitment
- student programs rotation administration
- career development programming, external client job board managment and wellness initiatives support
- Oversees the life events programs for all Legal Talent employment groups
- Coordinates the onboarding process for lateral associate, paraprofessional hires and returning first year associates, including conducting and reporting the results of reference checks and scheduling orientation sessions with other administrative departments
- Provides administrative support to the Legal Talent Department such as maintaining vacation and attendance records, scheduling department management meetings, ensuring supplies are well stocked and organized, etc.
- Provides administrative support directly to the Director, Student Programs & Legal Recruitment, Senior Manager, Legal Talent and Career Development Officer including travel arrangements, expenses, document revisions, etc.
- Maintains the content of various Legal Talent pages on OslerNet
Education and Experience
An undergraduate degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. Experience in a large law firm or professional services context would be an asset.
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please apply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé.