Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
The Business Development Coordinator will assist the Client & Business Development Director with the formulation and implementation of firm-wide business development initiatives.
- Assist with the implementation of strategic business development and marketing plans for assigned practice groups
- Assist in identifying and evaluating new business opportunities and targets, facilitating cross-selling initiatives and participating on client-specific teams
- Conduct competitive intelligence research in connection with potential clients or markets, market developments and competitor activities
- Assist in the planning and execution of client seminars, major client events and other educational initiatives, including assisting with production of handouts and collateral materials, building lists in our CRM system, and coordinating follow up activities
- Maintain practice group deal lists and other representative work
- Prepare market activity reports using various external tools such as Capital IQ, Mergermarket and FP Infomart
- Participate in and prepare materials for practice group partner meetings
- Work with the Pursuits team in responses to RFPs and the preparation of credentials and other documents for practice group lawyers and clients as needed
- Lead and support the development of submissions to approved ranking services and directories (e.g. Chambers and Partners)
- Work with the Marketing team to update web content and client facing materials
- Perform other duties as required to assist the Client Development department
Education and Experience
This position requires a relevant university or college diploma (preferably in marketing or finance), plus a minimum of one to two years of relevant experience in the financial sector. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- The ideal candidate will be a confident, proactive, and highly organized individual
- Discretion and a strong client service orientation are essential
- Must be a self-starter and be highly motivated to handle a fast paced environment
- A team player who also works well independently
- Extremely well organized with superb attention to detail disciplined execution and follow through skills. Excellent time management skills essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office including PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Excel
- A certain degree of flexibility is required with respect to hours of work
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing Date: June 25, 2021
No phone calls or agencies please.