Are you interested in working at one of Canada’s leading business law firms alongside some of the best and brightest legal minds in the country providing exceptional services to our clients?
Join Osler Works - Transactional, as a Compliance Clerk and be part of a team dedicated to using cutting edge technology and streamlined processes to transform the way we deliver corporate services. Working alongside our team of seasoned Compliance Clerks, the successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Provide compliance and annual maintenance support to our clients, including the preparation of annual resolutions, annual returns and changes to directors, officers, registered office address and corporate name, and delivery of such documents to clients
- Arrange for required government filings such as notices of change and annual returns
- Prepare documents required for extra-provincial registrations of corporations, general and limited partnerships and business names
- Ensure documents comply with the applicable legislation (e.g. Business Corporations Act (Ontario), Canada Business Corporations Act)
- Electronically update and maintain compliance and annual maintenance documentation
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- A university degree with an interest in the legal industry and/or a college Law Clerk diploma
- Experience and knowledge of Corporate Law
- 4-6 years of working experience as a compliance clerk reviewing, updating and maintaining minute books for federal and provincial corporations, maintaining corporate databases, preparing documents for corporate compliance purposes
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a problem-solving mindset
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
- Familiarity with ALF Corporate (or another corporate services database) and laws/legislation relevant to corporate practice is an asset
- Familiarity with legal procedures and practices involved in preparing, processing, and filing a variety of legal documents also an asset
How To Apply
If you’re ready to take your next step and join our team apply now.
Applications submitted outside of our online application portal will not be reviewed.
No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.