Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
Take your next step and join Osler Works – Transactional (OWT), located remotely or in our Ottawa or Toronto office, as a Coordinator, and be part of a team dedicated to using cutting-edge technology and streamlined processes to transform the way we provide transactional services to clients.
- Provide practice support services to members of OWT, including: document processing support (Word, Excel, Adobe and PowerPoint) in connection with transaction support services, preparing and maintaining department templates
- Organize and schedule department meetings
- Assist with the organization and management of operations manuals for OWT
- Provide transaction support services to internal and external clients such as legal due diligence, closing support and document support
- Assist in the development, maintenance and improvement of processes, playbooks, checklists and templates and any department technology and participate in the review of existing or new technologies
- Coordinate and provide training to internal and/or external clients in the context of transaction support services (in particular, virtual data rooms)
- Attend and participate in department activities and meetings
- Maintain and develop technical expertise in practice and transaction support services
- Review and respond to all correspondence, emails and telephone messages in a timely fashion
- Participate in the firm annual performance review as well as any upward reviews
- Participate in recruitment efforts for OWT, including interviews with potential candidates along with a member of Legal Talent
Education and Experience
The position requires a university degree in a business or technology discipline or a college Law Clerk diploma and a minimum of one year of relevant work experience is desired. Experience in a law firm or other professional services environment is preferred. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Passion for innovation, the legal industry and start-up companies
- Energized by a fast-paced setting and able to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- A high technology proficiency and are adaptable to change
- Extremely well organized with superb attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player who also works well independently
- Disciplined execution and follow through; excellent time management skills
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent problem solving skills and problem-solving mindset
- Strong ability to learn existing business practices
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing Date: August 9, 2021
No agencies or phone calls please.