Are you a corporate or commercial lawyer with an interest in privacy and data security law? Are you smart, business savvy, and excited by the prospect of working on cutting-edge matters in a complex and evolving area of law?
Join Osler’s fast-paced and growing Privacy & Data Management Group as a lawyer in our Toronto office. Our industry-leading cross-disciplinary team provides expertise to emerging, mid-market, and high-profile clients on a broad range of privacy and data governance matters arising in corporate transactions, commercial negotiations and regulatory compliance contexts.
Here’s a taste of the work you’ll be doing:
- advising clients in connection with privacy, data, and cyber risks in corporate transactions in mid-market and global multi-billion dollar deals
- reviewing and assessing privacy, data, and cyber issues in connection with commercial agreements
- working through transaction-related privacy, data, and cyber issues with our Corporate team, foreign co-counsel, and clients
- advising clients on compliance with all Canadian federal and provincial privacy and data management laws
- assisting clients in developing a strategic approach to privacy and information management
- acting as a trusted advisor to clients to respond to and manage data security breaches
- assisting clients with the compliance and data governance issues associated with data analytics, fraud detection programs and other emerging data uses
- developing and implementing privacy policies, procedures and governance programs that demonstrate compliance with applicable laws and maintain business flexibility
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- 3+ years of general corporate/commercial law experience
- an interest or experience in privacy law
- superior communication, drafting, and organizational skills
- a driven self-starter who embraces challenge and thrives in a fast-paced setting
- a sense of humour and someone who puts the team first
- excellent academic credentials
- dedication to client service, efficiency, and innovation
How To Apply
Consistently ranked as one of Canada’s leading business law firms by clients and leading independent reviews, Osler prides itself on attracting and developing the brightest talent in the legal arena. Within a firm culture that nurtures mentoring, rewards innovation, and is committed to diversity and inclusion, Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
If you’re ready to take your next step and join our growing team, please submit in confidence your cover letter, detailed résumé and academic transcripts directly to our online application portal below.
Applications submitted outside of our online application portal will not be reviewed.
No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.