Are you a recent graduate looking to kickstart your career with an interest in the legal industry? Are you curious by nature, a self-starter and technologically inclined?
Join Osler Works - Transactional in our Ottawa office, as a Transaction Services Specialist and be part of a team dedicated to using cutting edge technology and streamlined processes to transform the way we deliver legal services.
Working with a team of legal professionals, the successful candidate will provide support and learned expertise on certain aspects of transactions for our Emerging and High Growth Companies practice group. You will be a key member of the team providing transaction support including the review of minute books, update of corporate records, generation of share certificates and effecting share transactions as well as assisting with the process and execution of the closing of these transactions.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- An undergraduate university degree and/or a college Law Clerk diploma with excellent academic credentials;
- Passion for innovation, the legal industry and start-up companies;
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a problem-solving mindset;
- Drive to take initiative and work independently but also thrive as part of a team;
- Energized by a fast-paced setting and able to prioritize competing tasks;
- A high technology proficiency and are adaptable to change;
- Basic knowledge or an interest in learning about laws/legislation relevant to corporate practice such as Ontario Business Corporations Act, Canada Business Corporations Act, Business Names Act, Corporations Information Act and Limited Partnerships Act, related legal terminology, forms and documents an asset;
- French language capability an asset.
How To Apply
Consistently ranked as one of Canada’s leading business law firms by clients and leading independent reviews, Osler prides itself on attracting and developing the brightest talent in the legal arena. Within a firm culture that nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas, Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
If you’re ready to take your next step and join our growing team, please submit in confidence your cover letter, detailed résumé and academic transcripts directly to our online application portal.
Applications submitted outside of our online application portal will not be reviewed.
No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.