Are you interested in working at one of Canada’s leading business law firms alongside some of the best and brightest legal minds in the country providing exceptional services to our clients? Do you have experience and expertise in corporate organizational maintenance and secretarial matters? Join Osler as a Corporate Paralegal in our Vancouver office.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- preparing corporate legal documents such as articles of incorporation, amalgamations, amendments, dissolutions, by laws, share provisions, resolutions, share certificates, registrations and corporate records
- reviewing, analyzing, summarizing, updating and maintaining basic to complex minute books and corporate records including electronic records database (ALF)
- performing due diligence of minute books identifying deficiencies and material matters, prepares report recommending manner of rectifying deficiencies; prepares any necessary documents required to comply with governing statutes and rectifying any deficiencies
- registering, renewing, and cancelling business names and partnerships; gathering information; preparing and filing documents and reports accordingly
- preparing documents with and without firm precedents according to instructions and information provided by the legal professional and information gathered through own research (examples include resolutions, minutes, and correspondence)
- reviewing documents prepared by legal professionals for general compliance with the related legislation
- researches, prepares and revises precedents and technical procedures checklist to ensure compliance with current legislation
- organizes small transactions and attends closings to oversee the execution of documents
- performs other related duties as may be assigned from time to time
Do you have what we're looking for?
- Paralegal Diploma/Certificate plus minimum 5 years’ experience as a Corporate Services Paralegal or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- eligible for membership in the British Columbia Paralegal Association
- thorough understanding of the BC Business Corporations Act, Canada Business Corporations Act, and other relevant legislation, legal terminology, forms and documents related to corporations, partnerships, joint ventures, not for profits, etc.
- knowledge of legal procedures and practices involved in drafting, processing and filing a variety of legal documents
- high technology proficiency including advanced MS Word, Excel, Internet, Corporate Records software and other relevant programs
- ability to prioritize and organize work and manage multiple tasks ensuring deadlines are met
- ability to take initiative, work independently and exercise judgement
- willingness to learn and accept challenges with dedication to providing quality services
How To Apply
Consistently ranked as one of Canada’s leading business law firms by clients and leading independent reviews, Osler prides itself on attracting and developing the brightest talent in the legal arena. Within a firm culture that nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas, Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
If you’re ready to take your next step and join our team, please apply in confidence with a cover letter, résumé and transcripts to HRVancouver@osler.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.