Are you interested in working at one of Canada’s leading business law firms alongside some of the best and brightest legal minds in the country providing exceptional services to our clients?
Join Osler Works - Transactional, as a Corporate Records Specialist, located in our Toronto office and be part of a team dedicated to using cutting edge technology and streamlined processes to transform the way we deliver corporate services. Working alongside our team of seasoned Corporate Law Clerks, the successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Electronically updating and maintaining corporate records and minute books
- Providing annual maintenance services to clients, including the preparation of annual resolutions, annual returns and changes to directors, officers, registered office address and corporate name, and delivery of such documents to clients
- Arranging for required government filings such as notices of change and annual returns
- Ensuring documents comply with the applicable legislation (e.g. Business Corporations Act (Ontario), Canada Business Corporations Act)
- Preparing documents required for extra-provincial registrations of corporations, general and limited partnerships and business names
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- A university degree with an interest in the legal industry and/or a college Law Clerk diploma
- 1-5 years of working experience as a corporate records clerk
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a problem-solving mindset
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
- Familiarity with ALF Corporate and laws/legislation relevant to corporate practice is an asset
- Familiarity with legal procedures and practices involved in preparing, processing, and filing a variety of legal documents also an asset.
How To Apply
If you’re ready to take your next step and join our team apply now.
No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.