Are you interested in working at one of Canada’s leading business law firms, alongside some of the best and brightest legal minds in the country, providing exceptional services to our clients?
Join Osler as an intermediate Securities Law Clerk supporting our capital markets, public company and investment funds practices. You’ll be part of a team working with our legal professionals nationally to provide legal services to the Firm’s clients by handling SEDAR, SEDI, TSX and other filings. The position will require strong communication skills and knowledge of applicable rules and filing procedures. You will be working directly with our public company and investment funds clients as well as the Firm’s capital markets, M&A and investment funds legal professionals to support the timely issuance and filing of securities-related documents. This is a critical function for our public company and investment fund clients.
While located in Canada, you need not be located in a city with an Osler office, and will have substantial remote working opportunities.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- overseeing and undertaking SEDAR filings, including prospectuses, other transaction-related documents and continuous disclosure documents, and liaising with securities regulatory authorities on a range of issues
- preparing, handling and filing insider and early warning reports on SEDI and SEDAR, respectively
- preparing and filing applications for exemptive relief
- preparing and filing exempt trade reports
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- three to five years of relevant work experience in a law firm or in-house environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- college degree with a Law Clerk certificate or the completion of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Associate Level courses preferable, but not required
- significant experience making SEDAR and SEDI filings
- strong knowledge of applicable Canadian securities laws, instruments, rules, forms and policies, including fees
- strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills and dedication to providing high quality client service
- superior time-management and organizational skills to efficiently multi-task and prioritize competing demands
- ability to respond to urgent client requests outside of normal business hours
- high technological proficiency including Word, Excel, and other relevant software
How To Apply
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our legal professionals, management and staff have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
If you have the required background and an interest in taking your next step at Osler, please reply in confidence with a cover letter, résumé and transcripts directly to our online application portal below.
Applications submitted outside of our online application portal will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.