Are you interested in working at one of Canada’s leading business law firms alongside some of the best and brightest legal minds? Do you have experience and expertise in corporate organizational maintenance and secretarial matters? Join Osler as a Corporate Services Clerk located in our Toronto office, on a one-year contract.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- preparing corporate legal documents such as articles of incorporation, amalgamations, amendments, dissolutions, by laws, share provisions, resolutions, share certificates, registrations and corporate records
- reviewing, analyzing, summarizing, updating and maintaining basic to complex minute books and corporate records including electronic records database (ALF)
- recommending a course of action to rectify any deficiencies and draft necessary documentation
- drafting agreements and provide supporting documents relating to corporate and tax reorganizations
- coordinating with lawyers and clients in other offices on multi jurisdictional transactions and providing Ontario support
- delegating, training and mentoring staff on an as needed basis
- answering questions and providing technical guidance and support to legal professionals on matters related to corporate services
Do you have what we're looking for?
- Ontario Law Clerk diploma and 5+ years of experience as a Corporate law clerk or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience
- thorough understanding of the Ontario Business Corporations Act, Canada Business Corporations Act, and other relevant legislation, legal terminology, forms and documents related to corporations, partnerships, joint ventures, not for profits, etc.
- knowledge of legal procedures and practices involved in drafting, processing and filing a variety of legal documents
- ability to exercise initiative and judgment to assist lawyers and strong follow up skills
- ability to manage, prioritize and organize work and tasks with competing deadlines
- strong technology proficiency including advanced MS Word, Excel and other relevant programs with exacting attention to detail
How To Apply
Consistently ranked as one of Canada’s leading business law firms by clients and leading independent reviews, Osler prides itself on attracting and developing the brightest talent in the legal arena. Within a firm culture that nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas, Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to carve out a new path.
If you’re ready to join our team, please submit in confidence your cover letter, detailed résumé and academic transcripts directly to our online application portal.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.