Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
Osler Works – Transactional leads the way in delivering corporate and commercial transaction solutions. By pairing the expertise of our specialized team of lawyers and business professionals with modernized processes and the best of legal technology, we deliver better outcomes, improved efficiencies and lower, predictable legal fees for our clients.
We’re looking for a Data Coordinator to join our team to help us continue to transform how we provide services to clients. Reporting to the Associate Director, Corporate Services, this position will be responsible for providing data management support to members of the Corporate Services team within Osler Works – Transactional.
• Toronto/Ottawa or remote (but preferably a resident of Ontario)
Provides data management support services and responsible for overseeing on-going data maintenance primarily for the legal entity management software used by the Corporate Services team, including the following:
- Perform data validation, remediation, de-duplication and other “cleanup” activities
- Assess data quality and perform quality control operations as needed
- Generate reports, reviews data and conduct basic analysis
- Assist in the development, maintenance and improvement of processes and other activities related to legal entity software and data management
- Act as a point of escalation for software and data related issues and queries; liaise directly with vendors to resolve issues
- Contribute to continuous improvements of the legal entity management software through information sharing, recommending product improvements and training
- Coordinate and manage performance and enhancements requests to third party vendors
- Performs other duties as required from time to time
Education and Experience
The position requires a university degree in a business or technology discipline or related field of study. Recent graduates will be considered. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Superior time management and organizational skills to efficiently multi-task and prioritize competing demands
- A high technology proficiency (including advanced MS Word, Excel, and other relevant software programs)
- Knowledge of basic coding an asset
- Aptitude for data management and strong analytical skills
- Energized by a fast-paced setting and able to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Extremely well organized with superb attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Strong work ethics and collaborative work approach
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
We are currently working in a hybrid work arrangement, with a requirement to work partially in the office and an opportunity to work remote.
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
No agencies or phone calls please.