Do you want to work in an engaging and innovative work environment? Do you want to grow your career at a top tier law firm working with a dynamic and fast-paced team? Then look no further! Osler is currently recruiting for an e-Discovery Document Review Lawyer to join our Osler Works - Disputes team.
Osler Works – Disputes is a talented team of experts – full-time specialized lawyers, legal professionals and technologists - who work together to deliver high quality results. As part of the broader Osler litigation team, Osler Works – Disputes plays an integral role in helping develop strategy and innovative solutions related to data management, the discovery process and undertakings management.
The successful candidate will conduct first level review of documents, conduct quality control work, privilege reviews and perform evidentiary analysis including drafting reports on evidence and chronologies. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required to provide explanations of the nature of documentary evidence to Osler litigators.
Please note: we will be hiring for two positions.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Electronically review documents in complex litigation, corporate, privacy, competition and tax matters using various review platforms, including Relativity
- Review and code documents for responsiveness, relevancy, issues, confidentiality and privilege
- Lead and manage reviews independently. Collaborate on review workflow and strategy on larger matters
- Provide detailed substantive review support and perform quality control on outsourced review for the client and project review team on the use of review tools, including Relativity, Relativity Analytics, and Relativity Assisted Review
Education and Skills Required:
- J.D. or equivalent required with membership in good standing with the Law Society (including recent graduates with bar admission)
- Previous review and/or e-discovery experience required, supporting document review software applications, preferably Relativity
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing and working with people in a team environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to handle multiple tasks through prioritization and time management skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications required
- Available to work overtime, including evenings and weekends as needed
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please apply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing Date: February 8 2021
No phone calls or agencies please.