Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our lawyers, students, management and staff have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
We are currently recruiting for a E-Filing Project Coordinator to provide operational support to the Firm’s Human Resources (Compensation & Benefits) department through the scanning, labelling and filing of electronic employee records. Please note that this is a 10-month contract opportunity.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Scans and electronically files all employee records pursuant to Firm standards using the alpha-numeric filing system and e-filing protocols. Including:
- organizing documents
- scanning documents for e-filing
- Provide timely, efficient and accurate scanning and e-filing of employee records
- Reviews completed files to ensure quality and accuracy of e-files
- Responds to questions on how to search, label and file documents in accordance with firm standards and protocols
- Act as a back-up to provide data-entry in connection with the Human Capital Management (HCM) implementation project
- Assists in related administratively focused tasks within HR as needed.
Education and Experience
Minimum of a college diploma plus one year clerical/business experience, preferably gained in an HR department. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook, Adobe Pro
- Knowledge of records management
- Knowledge of basic Human Resources policies and procedures
- Extremely accurate data-entry skills with strong attention to detail
- Solid verbal and written communication
- Strong teamwork and customer service skills
- Solid organizational and time-management skills
- Interest in learning
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
No agencies or phone calls/emails please.
Closing Date: June 25, 2021