Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our more than 1,000 firm members are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York.
The ebilling Specialist will be responsible for assisting in all phases of client billing, including bill preparation, submission, appeals, follow-up and communication with clients and Partners related to bills. This is a detail oriented position with an emphasis on tenacity, time management, technical tasks and interpersonal skills.
- Reviewing bills using Aderant and Prebill Manager and submitting invoices to through the client’s legal billing software
- Maintaining accurate and timely client and matter information with regards to ebilling and receivables in computerized billing system and vendor platforms
- Follow-up on rejected ebilled invoices with billing lawyers, legal assistants, billing team and the client
- Train timekeepers and legal assistants on the client’s eBilling requirements
- Be actively involved in ebilling process improvements including developing innovative, proactive and efficient ways to improve quality, process and customer service
- Provide back up and support for team members when needed
- Handles client inquiries and resolves discrepancies. Maintains accurate records of all communications in the system. Responsible for maintaining good relations with internal and external clients
- Other duties as assigned including assistance with special projects. Participate in the implementation and testing of systems upgrades and billing/collection software
- Available to provide technical billing support and guidance, acts as subject expert and provides training to new team members
- Resolves any unresolved or partial payments received from clients
- Abides by Firm policies and handles confidential materials and documents
Education and Experience
The is position requires a college diploma specializing in IT/Accounting along with a minimum two years of relevant billing and/or collection experience, preferably at a professional services firm. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency with computers including advanced Excel skills and LEDES management. Experience with Aderant software would be an asset
- Prior experience with TyMetrix, Serengeti, Counselink, or similar platforms is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), focused listening, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Research and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise judgement to resolve technical issues
- Attention to detail, organized and time management skills along with the ability to balance daily work
- Positive attitude, patience, resilience and a sense of humour
- A compliance and procedural mindset is required
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing date: August 13, 2021
No agencies or phone calls please.