Are you ready to take the next step in your legal career? Do you have experience with various aspects of employment and labour law? Do you want to advise and represent clients at the forefront of their industries, as well as exciting and promising new tech start-ups?
Join Osler’s highly regarded Employment and Labour Department as an associate in our Toronto office for the opportunity to partner with a broad range of companies and industries as part of a team that delivers clear, practical and results-oriented legal advice on all aspects of the employee experience.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- 3 to 5 years of employment and labour law experience gained from a leading law firm;
- experience advising and representing employers in all areas of employment and labour law including:
- implications of corporate transactions and reorganizations;
- employment contracts and executive compensation,
- advising on emerging and high growth company employment issues, including company formation, founder employment agreements and venture-backed financing transactions;
- structuring employee dismissals/layoffs and responding to wrongful/constructive dismissal claims;
- advising on new labour and business structures, including “gig economy” issues;
- human rights, workplace accommodations, and workplace investigations;
- employment standards and workplace policies;
- occupational health and safety, workers’ compensation, pay equity and employment equity;
- collective agreement administration, collective bargaining, union certification/decertification, strikes, lockouts and grievance arbitration;
- superior communication, drafting skills and strong attention to detail.
How To Apply
Consistently ranked as one of Canada’s leading business law firms by clients and leading independent reviews, Osler prides itself on attracting and developing the brightest talent in the legal arena. Within a firm culture that nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas, Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path. Osler’s Labour & Employment Department plays an integral role in supporting our national-leading Emerging and High Growth Companies practice and you will have ample exposure to the unique employment and HR risk management issues in this expanding sector.
If you’re ready to take your next step and join our growing team, please submit in confidence your cover letter, detailed résumé and academic transcripts directly to our online application portal.
Applications submitted outside of our online application portal will not be reviewed.
No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.