Are you ready to take the next step in your legal career? Do you have substantial experience with various aspects of employment and labour law? Do you enjoy advising and representing businesses? Are you able to provide clear legal advice to sophisticated clients and develop effective solutions to unique situations?
Join Osler’s highly regarded Employment and Labour Department, in our Toronto office, for the opportunity to partner with a broad range of companies and industries as part of a team that delivers clear, practical and results-oriented legal advice and advocacy on all aspects of the modern workplace.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- 5+ years of employment and labour law experience, called to the bar in Ontario;
- experience advising and representing employers in all areas of employment and labour law including:
- employment contracts, executive compensation and executive/founder departures;
- terminations, layoffs and workplace investigations;
- occupational health and safety prosecutions, human rights, employment standards, and workplace privacy;
- collective agreement administration, collective bargaining, union certification/decertification, strikes, lockouts and grievance arbitration; and
- implications of corporate transactions, insolvencies and reorganizations;
- significant advocacy experience and/or significant file management and client facing experience;
- excellent academic and/or professional credentials;
- superior communication, matter management and drafting skills and strong attention to detail; and
- French fluency and/or licensed to practice law in a jurisdiction in the U.S. (California or New York preferred) considered a significant asset.
How To Apply
Consistently ranked as one of Canada’s leading business law firms and employment and labour departments by clients and international independent reviews, Osler offers the successful candidate the benefit of working with more than 400 of the best legal minds in the country and the opportunity to work with leading businesses in Canada across multiple industries including, financial services, energy, technology, and emerging and high growth companies. Osler also provides a unique and unparalleled platform to develop a true “cross-border” employment practice if you are licensed to practice law in the U.S. due to the number of leading technology companies we represent across North America.
If you’re ready to take your next step and join our growing team, please apply in confidence with a cover letter, detailed résumé, academic transcripts and writing sample directly to our online application portal.
Applications submitted outside of our online application portal will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.