Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our more than 1,000 firm members are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York.
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our lawyers, students, management and staff have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
Osler is currently recruiting for an Employment Services Coordinator to join our Legal Talent department. This position plays a key role in the day-to-day operations of employment services for legal professionals (associates and paraprofessionals).
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administering and coordinating various employment service programs for legal professionals including contract renewals, secondments, transfers, status changes, leaves and departures
- Maintaining and updating national talent management policies, protocols, templates/checklists impacting our legal professionals and ensuring those posted on the internal intranet site are up to date
- Updating and maintaining personnel files, personnel databases and email distribution lists
- Coordinating the firm’s formal advisor and peer mentor program for associates nationally
- Organizing and coordinating various team building events for legal professionals
- Supporting the administration of the first year Foundation Program annually
- Assisting with mid-year and year-end performance review process for legal professionals
- Acting as point of contact for legal professionals in relation to policies
- Liaising with legal professionals and Legal Talent departments in other offices on all employment services matters
- Assisting in various projects and programs related to legal professionals
- Performing other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
This position requires a post-secondary education in Human Resources or a related discipline with a minimum of one years’ relevant experience ideally gained in professional services or a law firm. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Knowledge and Skills
- Pro-active self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team
- Stellar organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Client service oriented with a friendly, professional demeanor
- Technologically savvy with proficiency in the full Microsoft Suite, Outlook, SharePoint and ViRecruit
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.