Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our more than 1,000 firm members are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York.
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our lawyers, students, management and business professionals have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
Osler is currently recruiting for a Food Services Assistant to join Osler's Hospitality Services group. The successful candidate will provide support to the Food Services function through the set, up, delivery and cleanliness of catering orders.
Please note: Hours of work for this role are as follows:
- 11:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Spring/Summer
- 1:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – Fall/Winter
- May be required to work Saturday or Sunday when there are meetings in the Client Centre. On these circumstances, one shift will be dropped during the week.
- Responsible for ensuring the main kitchen (on 63rd floor) and coffee serveries (on each floor) are maintained to Firm standards by verifying that coffee and dishwashing machines are operating properly, stocking necessary supplies such as coffee, sugar, cream, milk, cutlery, plates and glasses, and cleaning sinks, refrigerators, microwaves and countertops
- Responsible for ensuring all boardrooms are kept clean and reports any damages to boardrooms which requires repair, for example, dirty carpets and scratches on furniture
- Responsible for preparing trolleys with food and beverage orders for boardroom meetings. Sets up all orders in the boardrooms, refresh beverages as needed and cleans up after every meeting
- Assists with the set-up of boardrooms for special functions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
This position requires a high school diploma. No previous work experience is required as on-the-job training is provided. Smart Serve certification is an asset. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Customer service oriented
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with many individuals including lawyers and external clients
- Ability to effectively time manage and multi-task
- Problem solving skills required to resolve challenges in an expedient fashion
- Basic arithmetic skills required (i.e., to perform inventory)
- Knowledge of computer applications (Event Management System – EMS)
- Maintains a current knowledge of relevant catering practices
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.