Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our more than 1,000 firm members are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York.
Reporting to the Manager, HCM & Analytics and working directly with members of the HCM project team, and members of the HR and Legal Talent departments, the Analyst will support and/or partner with Firm members at all levels, to help drive the successful implementation of a new HCM for Osler. Once implemented, the Analyst will act as part of a team in supporting and leveraging the technology in the efficient and effective delivery of HR services.
- Maintain/monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets
- Organize, attend, and participate in various committee and stakeholder meetings
- Support the documentation and analytical review of HR best practice events and integrate the results into process improvements as they relate to HR technology
- Document and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Ensure project deadlines are met
- Maintain project change orders
- Undertake project tasks as required
- Track expenditures and process payments
- Prepare minutes and distribute to all project team members
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective
- Manage storage and accuracy of documentation
- Undertake other project tasks as required
Post implementation, the Analyst will:
- Act as a point of contact for all Firm members/groups in supporting user needs, responding to inquiries, addressing issues experienced by users, troubleshooting system issues, escalations, etc.
- Support the development and maintenance of best practice HR processes and systems necessary to support Firm objectives
- Support management report writing needs, including the preparation of custom reports
- Ensure system administration and updates are made in a timely and accurate manner,
- Investigate and resolve HCM related problems in collaboration with the appropriate internal and/or external parties
- Interface with other systems and teams to ensure compliance
- Support relationships between external services providers (i.e., banks, employee benefits, pension plan, etc.), and employees/departments to troubleshoot issues
- Assist with special projects and various initiatives as required
Education and Experience
The position requires a post-secondary education in Human Resources Management/Business Administration or a related business discipline with at least two to three years previous related (ideally UKG/UltiPro) experience, including demonstrated HCM/HRIS implementation/maintenance experience; including employee data, payroll and benefits, learning, talent management, etc.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong team player
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Experience with BI reporting tools considered an asset
- Solid writing and proofreading skills with ability to create reports and presentation materials
- Strong verbal communication and active listening skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation with a friendly, professional manner
- Project management and change management experience preferred
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
We are currently working in a hybrid work arrangement, with a requirement to work partially in the office and an opportunity to work remote.
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
No agencies or phone calls/emails please.