Do you have a passion for people? Are you curious about talent management at one of Canada’s leading business law firms? Looking for a new challenge in talent management? Then look no further than the law firm of Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP for the opportunity to join our Toronto office team, as a Human Resources Business Partner on a 12 month contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the firm’s organization-wide talent management initiatives. You will report to the Chief Legal Talent Officer and work closely with various stakeholders in managing all aspects of the employment life-cycle for legal professionals including employment relations, mentoring, performance evaluations and compensation. You will be an important part of our exceptional team which includes the Director, Student and Lateral Recruitment and the Director, Learning Initiatives, in the support of the growth and development of the industry’s best and brightest legal talent.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- at least 7 years experience in human resources in a managerial role, law firm or professional services experience preferred
- highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills with a client first focus
- ability to lead complex human resource processes
- comfortable navigating a complex, matrixed environment
- excellent communication and drafting skills with the ability to influence and work across different operational areas with diplomacy
- a keen eye for detail and organization with a flexible approach to changing priorities
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you are up for the challenge, we want to hear from you. Please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé.