Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our more than 1,000 firm members are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York.
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Relations & Talent Management, the Talent Coordinator provides coordination and administrative support to the Employee Relations & Talent Management department. This position is responsible for administrative duties such as supporting and coordinating recruitment needs, coordinating various programs and events, drafting correspondences, and preparing reports.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Provide a positive onboarding experience for new hires
- Coordinate the onboarding process including but not limited to processing background checks, declining candidates, booking training sessions, conducting new hire orientation sessions and collecting and submitting paperwork for payroll
- Provide recruitment support for any stage in the recruitment cycle from posting vacancies, conducting video interviews, conducting in-person interviews to preparing offer letters
- Administer and audit the AODA and Respect at Work Policies through our online system for the staff and new hires
- Manage the Administrative Summer Student program
- Schedule and records exit interviews for Toronto staff
- Subject Matter Expect for recruitment reporting through the applicant tracking system
- Write, maintain, and support a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools, as well as assist in the development of standard reports for ongoing recruitment needs
- First point of contact with vendors for applicant tracking system for configurations, updates, and new processes
- Support the Manager on the performance review process
- Complete multiple analytic spreadsheets including but not limited to the Recruitment Spreadsheet, On-Boarding Checklist, and Payroll Dashboard
- Assist in various HR events, such as Take Your Kid to Work Day, Administrative Summer Student Lunch and Student Achievement Awards
- Support on various HR project work: Orientation Project, Student Achievement Awards, ViDesktop, ViRecruit
- Provide administrative support for the Talent team
- Responding to ad hoc requests internally and externally
Education and Experience
The position requires a post-secondary education in Human Resources Management or a related business discipline with at least one to two years of related administrative experience. Experience in a professional services environment would be an asset. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong team player
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge of recruitment best practices and candidate interviewing/assessment techniques
- Solid writing and proofreading skills with ability to create reports and presentation materials
- Strong verbal communication and active listening skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation with a friendly, professional manner
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
No agencies or phone calls/emails please.