Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our more than 1,000 firm members are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York.
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our lawyers, students, management and business professionals have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
Are you passionate about learning and development? Are you organized, adaptable and comfortable in front of a crowd? Then look no further than this great opportunity to join Osler as a Learning Specialist (senior programs and projects) in the Professional Development Department. Working closely with the Senior Manager, Learning Initiatives, the Learning Specialist is responsible for planning, consulting, organizing, and delivering a high-quality learning experience year-round on a wide variety of senior learning programs and new initiatives across the firm.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Organizing and delivering core programs and multi-day learning events, which includes: project planning, scheduling and leading status meetings, delivering on action items, developing & maintaining task lists, event planning, organizing internal stakeholders, marketing programs and learning resources, and scheduling internal subject matter experts or external vendors to deliver programs.
- Taking a lead role in ensuring the smooth delivery of all senior learning curriculum programs and projects such as junior partner programs, admin leadership training, new firm-wide learning initiatives, ad hoc requests as well as special retreats and events.
- Using instructional design and advisory skills to provide learning consultation for new learning & development requests and learning retreats (including: needs analysis, program design and development, rollout, marketing & maintenance strategies, facilitation, and evaluations).
- Becoming well versed in CPD accreditation and administration.
Education and Experience
This position requires a university degree, and 2 - 3 years work experience in a learning role, preferably in a professional services environment with both learning design and learning project management experience. Certifications in project management and/or adult learning an asset. Knowledge of legal CLE administration or ability to quickly gain this knowledge an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- Adult learning and instructional design experience
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers and text
- Highly flexible, with strong customer service-orientation and professional manner
- Computer knowledge including proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Significant experience using an LMS (Adobe Captivate Prime an asset)
- Facilitation/presentation skills and aptitudes
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Interest in and aptitude for educational technology
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
We are currently working in a hybrid work arrangement, with a requirement to work partially in the office and an opportunity to work remote.
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
No agencies or phone calls/emails please.