The Learning Specialist (Senior Projects & Programs) provides learning consulting services and learning project management for new and senior learning programs and initiatives.
- Learning project manager (senior & special projects)– With some input from Director, takes ownership on all senior curriculum and a lead role in additional assigned projects and senior learning curriculum programs such as junior partner programs, admin leadership training, new, firm-wide learning initiatives, ad hoc requests as well as special retreats and events; Accountabilities include: project planning documentation with scope & workback deadlines, scheduling and leading status meetings, developing & maintaining role-related task lists and standardized workflow documentation, event management planning and logistics, identify and resolving or escalating issues, project communications including meeting action itemss, etc.); investigating new external offerings/opportunities (vendor or technology-based) Key project in 2021: LMS implementation.
- Learning consulting, design & delivery (senior & special programs) - With some input from the Director, provides learning consultation for new learning & development requests and learning retreats, including: needs analysis (focus groups design & delivery, survey development & analysis, & documentation of needs); program design (program outlines, invitations, format etc); development (content, materials), rollout, marketing & maintenance strategies, facilitation, and measurement of outcomes planning/renewal.
- Learning Facilitation – With input from the Director, develops some content expertise in and facilitates or co-facilitates occasional leadership and soft skills programs to a variety of levels including internal staff, students & LPs and clients.
- PD team administration – Assists PD Director in sensitive team admin tasks including and budgets, quarterly and annual reporting, etc.. Becomes an expert in CPD accreditation and administration, maintains efficient, compliant processes and reporting, and ensure updates are communicated effectively.
- Other - acts as back-up to other learning specialists as needed; performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
University degree, and 4-5 years work experience in a learning design or consultant, preferably in a professional services environment with both learning design and learning project management experience. Experience implementing or upgrading an LMS preferred. Certifications in project management and/or adult learning an asset. Knowledge of legal CLE administration or ability to quickly gain this knowledge an asset. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Adult learning, OD or design & development experience
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers and text
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Highly flexible, with strong customer service-orientation and , strong verbal and interpersonal skills, professional manner
- Computer knowledge including proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Significant experience using an LMS (Adobe Captivate Prime an asset)
- Facilitation/presentation skills and aptitudes
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Interest in and aptitude for educational technology
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date: June 18, 2021