We are currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant to join our Real Estate department in Calgary.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages time, resources, workflow and deadlines of legal professionals which involves maintaining a filing system for all documents, compiling and organizing materials required for legal professional’s work-in-progress, opening up new files, etc.
- Interacts with clients to schedule appointments and exchange information.
- Performs client account administration which involves ensuring that dockets are submitted, reviewing and editing prebills, and coordinates the review by legal professionals.
- Receives and follows up on audit inquiries.
- Handles confidential materials and documents.
- Drafts correspondence and memoranda; compiles documents and completes conflict reports.
- Provides clerical and administrative support such as filing, answering the telephone, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, transcribing dictaphone notes, performing research as required, photocopying and binding materials, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- The position requires the completion of a Community College Legal Assistant program.
- A minimum of five years of experience working in a professional legal environment is required and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Previous experience in Real Estate.
Knowledge and Skills
- Organizational skills required to effectively multi-task
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Knowledge of legal procedures and practices
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a number of individuals
- Writing skills necessary to draft and proof-read documents and correspondence
- Detail-oriented and analytical thinking required to conduct effective research and ensure accuracy in work
- Knowledge of various computer applications
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé to HRCalgary@Osler.com