Osler offers a dynamic and exciting environment for starting or reorienting a career. Join a unique corporate culture that encourages teamwork and encourages mentoring and the ongoing exchange of ideas.
The selected candidate will join a team composed of one lawyer and professional translators whose duties include translating a wide range of legal documents, primarily in the securities field, including prospectuses, takeover bids and memoranda, directors' circulars, proxy circulars and contracts of all kinds.
Your education and experience
- University degree in translation (translation from English into French);
- University degree in law or certificate in law will be considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of French and English, both orally and in writing;
- 10 years of relevant experience as a translator, preferably in a structured environment, including working in the translation department of a law firm.
- Excellent knowledge of securities terminology;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to manage many priorities simultaneously;
- Ability to work quickly;
- Respect of deadlines;
- Very good team spirit;
- Flexibility during peak periods;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Membership in the Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec (OTTIAQ) will be considered an asset; and
- Proficiency in the work tools used in the language sector.
How To Apply
If you are ready to take your next step and join our team, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and detailed résumé to:
Director, Professional Resources
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
1000 de la Gauchetière Street West, Suite 2100
Montreal (QC) H3B 4W5
With a copy to Lyna Bidégaré at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.