Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our more than 1,000 firm members are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York.
We are looking for a marketing and communications professional to join our team in Toronto. The Manager, Marketing & Communications plays a key role in our broader marketing team working closely with lawyers and senior marketing and business development staff to plan execute the overall firm marketing and communications strategy for the firm. This role is also responsible for leading and driving annual special projects. This position reports to the Chief, Marketing & Communications and has three direct reports.
- Develop and execute strategic marketing and communication strategies that generate leads, build brand awareness and drive client engagement
- Work collaboratively with marketing and business development staff across the firm and lead and motivate a team of three including a Marketing Coordinator and two Marketing Web & Design Specialists
- Play a key role in website redevelopment and developing our website content strategy
- Lead the design and production of key annual thought leadership publications and studies including project planning, graphic design, website design, translation, and execution of the marketing and comms strategy
- Develop, execute, and measure our digital thought leadership across our digital assets – website, blogs, social media, podcasts, webinars, video, digital advertising, eMarketing
- Work with internal and external designers to bring creative ideas to life including webpages, brochures, presentations, and other promotional activities
- Work with external agencies to design print and online advertising and negotiate media buys and associated contracts
- Work closely with Client Development Directors to understand industry, office and client relationship goals and objectives and recommend the best marketing and communication strategies to meet those goals
- Contribute to annual marketing plans and budgets. Management of budget throughout the year
Education and Experience
The position requires a degree in Marketing or related field, with a minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience, preferably in a professional services organization. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Able to create a positive, collaborative work environment
- Able to balance many priorities, and various stakeholder demands, very well-organized
- Experience leading, coaching, and mentoring a team of marketing professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, expert proofreader
- Experience developing multichannel brand and marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated previous experience in website planning and development and user experience
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, CRM systems (Salesforce), social media platforms, and eMarketing/CMS platforms
- Experience leading external agencies/vendors to consistently and effectively deliver outstanding strategies and creative
- French an asset
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
We are currently working in a hybrid work arrangement, which includes a requirement to work partially in the office.
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.