Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the support and service of the marketing and communications team and is a junior position. We are looking for someone who is outgoing, organized and enthusiastic. You are flexible with a desire for learning and making things run smoothly. You can work independently and part of a team, and are focused on making sure everyone is kept up to date. You quickly learn new systems and processes and notice details.
You’ll work as part of the Marketing & Communications team and contribute to the successful delivery of high quality projects for our internal clients, both lawyers and business professionals. You have a record of delivering on time and on budget. You enjoy working in a supportive, efficient and productive team environment. You enjoy challenges, embrace responsibilities and communicate well with colleagues, internal clients and external vendors.
- Manage requests for marketing collateral, newsletters and web content/graphics, working either with our internal team or external agency / freelancers, and ensure alignment with the firm’s branding guidelines
- Help maintain project schedules for larger marketing programs
- Respond to requests for logos and images
- Foster a good working relationship with internal clients, either through direct contact or in support of client needs
- Collect and file competitive communication and samples
- Manage departmental invoices and budget tracking
- Manage our online project management tool, and recommend and implement enhancements for efficient and effective workflow
- Manage printing of marketing collateral as required
- Ad-hoc requests and projects as required
Education and Experience
This position requires a post-secondary degree / diploma in marketing, plus a minimum of two years’ of relevant work experience in Marketing and Communications. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable. Experience in a professional services environment or a B2B company is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- You have strong time management, scheduling and problem-solving skills
- You are very familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Monday.com or other online workflow tool
- You have the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects
- You have strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- You’re a self-starter who can plan, organize and prioritize while minimally supervised
- Your experience demonstrates your strong customer service orientation and professionalism
- A “can do” attitude
- You work well under pressure and deadlines
- You are logical, work-oriented, and analytical
- Bilingual (English/French) is considered an asset
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
No agencies or phone calls/emails please.
Closing Date: July 7, 2021