Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our more than 1,000 firm members are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York.
Reporting to the Manager, Experience & Market Recognition, the successful candidate will support the experience and market recognition initiatives such as awards, directories, the Osler website and experience management. In addition to drafting and capturing the firm’s work experience, this role is focused on marketing the firm’s lawyers and experience externally through various channels.
- Drafting and coordinating directory submissions for various industry-ranking publications such as Chambers, IFLR, Legal 500, etc.
- Working with key stakeholders to write compelling award submissions for organizations such as Lexpert, Canadian General Counsel Awards, Euromoney, etc.
- Drafting external communications for market recognition announcements
- Capturing work experience and drafting deal, case and project descriptions for various mediums
- Coordinating internal processes and workflows to update lawyer biographies and practice area pages on the firm’s website and external publications
- Maintain lawyer biographies on Osler.com
- Creating comprehensive reports and analyses for our directory and award results
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
The position requires a university or college diploma (preferably in marketing or communications), plus a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in the legal or professional services industry. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint skills with the ability to quickly learn new technologies and databases including Salesforce, iManage, Mergermarket and Capital IQ
- Experience with any of the following: iManage, Sharepoint, HTML, CRM (InterAction) considered an asset
- Must be a self-starter and be highly motivated to handle a fast-paced environment
- A team player who also works well independently
- A certain degree of flexibility is required with respect to hours of work
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
No agencies or phone calls please.