Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our over 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our lawyers, students, management and staff have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
As a member of the Marketing team in Toronto, reporting to the Director, Client & Marketing Operations, the Marketing Technology Coordinator’s responsibilities will play a key role deriving value from the Firm’s CRM investments by supporting adoption initiatives and programs; establishing CRM best practices; and managing ongoing updates and enhancements, new technology integrations and future state planning. In addition, the Marketing Technology Coordinator will support the Director, Client & Marketing Operations, in the delivery of major, CAPEX Marketing Technology projects.
CRM adoption and ongoing maintenance:
- Actively engage and influence stakeholders across practices and offices at all levels in close coordination with BD leads
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to gain understanding of CRM processes, help identify gaps/opportunities for process improvements, analyze issues, propose and evaluate options
- Establish best practices and guidelines for CRM in order to support defined business processes and drive behavioral changes in user community
- Monitor and report CRM usage & user adoption
- Develop an action plans to manage user impact resulting from regular system releases, updates and new enhancements (E.g. triannual Salesforce maintenance releases; multiple OnePlace release and configuration changes to address evolving business needs
- Assist with the update of OnePlace resources on OslerNet, FAQs, training materials etc.
- Regularly communicate with Service Desk to inform them with frequently asked questions (FAQs), scripted answers and standard instructions
- Elicit and document requirements including modeling current and future state business processes
- Support the development of User Acceptance Test (UAT) plans, facilitating and participating in UAT sessions
Marketing Technology Project Management & coordination:
- Support the Director, Client & Marketing Operations, in the delivery of major, CAPEX Marketing Technology projects that will help further the Integrated Client View
- Assists in developing and monitoring project charter and plans, monitoring adherence to project schedules, responding to discrepancies, tracking progress and time efficiencies
- Coordinates the collection and aggregation of project report data, helps prepare supporting Gantt charts, gathers background materials and prepares status reports
- Maintains logs to track issues, action items, risks, queries & change management for the projects
- Assists in maintaining the project’s knowledge management and project document repository (MCDM) including system administration (user access, creating and organizing project directories) and coordinating the collection & filing of project documentation in the project repository
- Assists in the maintenance and management of the marketing technology budget
- Facilitates process mapping and requirements sessions and helps to document outcomes in the form of process maps, user stories etc.
- Provides project related administrative support (e.g. setting up meetings, taking minutes, following up on action items etc.)
Education and Experience
The position requires a university degree or college diploma (preferably in marketing or communications), plus a minimum of 2 years related experience coordinating large projects, ideally in the legal or professional services industry. Experience in project coordination, project management, or project control officer is required. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker
- Dedicated work ethic and commitment to team and goal-oriented environment
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and organized; the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities required
- Ability to follow-up on activities without delays and to work autonomously
- Flexibility and ability to work in a small team environment, responding to broader organizational needs occasionally as required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite skills, in particular MS Project, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to apply project management methodologies and tools to achieve desired outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with business stakeholders to achieve project goals
- Specific knowledge of professional services (legal; accounting, consulting etc.) is not required but would be a significant benefit
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing Date: December 18, 2020
No phone calls or agencies please.