Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
The Marketing Web and Design Specialist is part of the Marketing and Communications team that supports marketing requests from multiple internal clients including lawyers, Business Development, and other internal departments. It is a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift depending on requests received. We are looking for someone who is flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and can bring new ideas and enthusiasm to the role. The ideal candidate has a strong technical knowledge with 3 – 5 years’ experience working with content management systems and html. The candidate also has a design eye and can bring creative ideas to creating enewsletters, landing pages and presentations.
The role is one of two positions responsible for managing the front-end of osler.com, including providing layout recommendations, creating new webpages, updating existing pages and ensuring AODA compliance. It also includes the creation of enewsletters and email blasts to clients.
- Manage front-end of osler.com to ensure a positive user experience that reflects the Osler brand well
- Update main landing pages with new content and images on a weekly basis
- Create promotional landing pages for new publications and high value content
- Update main webpages as needed and provide support on an as needed basis to other internal users updating osler.com pages
- Prepare enewsletters and email templates that follow email best practices
- Provide design for internal quarterly and annual reports
- Provide technical and design support to marketing team and other internal stakeholders when needed
- PDF / graphic design requests
- Provide input on current and future initiatives based on performance of existing website
- Work closely with Digital Marketing Specialist to ensure webpages are optimized for SEO and analytics
Education and Experience
This position requires a diploma or degree in Digital Marketing, Web & Mobile Technologies, Graphic Design or UX Design, plus a minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience working with content management systems and html. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Knowledge and Skills
- Highly adaptable and collaborative. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with high stakeholder involvement.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and incoming requests
- Well organized with a strong ability to prioritize work and multi-task
- Customer service oriented and ability to work with multiple internal clients / stakeholders
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on accuracy of work
- Strong technical knowledge:
- CMS experience. Knowledge of WYSIWYG based interfaces is an asset.
- Knowledge of Adobe Software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Web design technologies - HTML/CSS
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Word and PowerPoint
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please apply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing Date: February 26, 2021
No phone calls or agencies please.