Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Are you skilled with technology and analyzing metrics? Do you have experience managing full cycle projects from proposal to implementation?
Take your next step and join Osler Works - Transactional, located in our Ottawa office, as an Operations & Project Analyst and be part of a team dedicated to using cutting edge technology and streamlined processes to transform the way we deliver legal services.
Reporting to the Head, Osler Works - Transactional, this position will play a key role supporting and optimizing the financial, business development and administrative operations of the Osler Works - Transactional department. The position will participate in planning, organizing, managing and implementing various initiatives and tasks in support of the operational and financial success of the department.
- Manage full cycle of projects from proposal to implementation, including approval process and business requirements.
- Manage project scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Develop and execute project plan which involves coordinating resources.
- Ensure project issues and risks are identified, quantified, managed and tracked.
- Interact regularly with key leaders from the business, balancing a drive for accountability to plans/projects and maintaining effective business relationships.
Department Metrics & Budget
- Monitor relevant financial analysis and estimates regarding the financial performance of the department.
- Report and track performance against department objectives and strategic plan using various key performance metrics to generate data for decision-making
- Develop effective presentations for leadership related to the performance of the department.
- Manage forecasts and budgets as they relate to the department and/or projects, make recommendations and seek out required information.
- Prepare organizational charts and maintain same.
- Participate in the setting of the department’s strategies (including the preparation of a strategic plan every 2 to 3 years), priorities and effective running.
- Support the human resources activities for the department, such as, assisting with succession planning, staffing requirements (modelling, including diversity and inclusion initiatives), and the recruitment process for paraprofessionals, lawyers and staff members.
- Coordinate required approvals for new hires and act as the central point of contact.
- Assist with change management matters, including the preparation of presentations for internal and external use (including for client presentations).
- Liaise and work with the various departments and committees within the Firm (e.g. Finance & Accounting, Information Services, Paraprofessional Committee and Knowledge Management & Innovation) in respect to the operation of the department.
- Assist with drafting of internal communications with the department (e.g. promoting team engagement, new policies and/or procedures etc.)
- Provide briefings to various members of the Firm as required.
- Support client related tasks on an ad hoc basis (e.g., retrieving securities data, creating pivot tables, reports etc.)
- Undertake projects and other responsibilities, as assigned
Education and Experience
A university degree in a business administration related field and 3 to 5 years of experience. Experience in the professional services industry would be an asset. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills with accuracy and strict confidentiality.
- Experience in project management.
- In-depth knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
- Superior knowledge of Excel (e.g., if/than functions, pivot tables, etc.)
- Excellent leadership, organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent judgement, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Proactive approach to work, with mindset of continuous innovation and improvements.
- Superior time management and organizational skills in order to efficiently multi-task and prioritize among many demands.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Bilingual in French and English would be considered an asset.
How To Apply
Consistently ranked as one of Canada’s leading business law firms by clients and leading independent reviews, Osler offers the successful candidates the benefit of working with more than 400 of the best legal minds in the country and the opportunity to develop your skills in this innovative and exciting area.
If you have strong attention to detail, can manage multiple deadlines, work in a fast-paced environment independently and as part of a team, and are looking for a unique opportunity, please apply in confidence with a cover letter and a detailed résumé.
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
No agencies please.
Closing Date: June 18, 2021