Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is growing its Osler Works – Disputes (OWD) team to enhance support to our disputes practice. We are looking for dynamic, motivated, high-energy, hard-working and career-minded people who would like to join a leading national Canadian litigation team.
Are you a self-starter, a dedicated team-player, have a passion for litigation and motivated to change traditional ways of legal service delivery? Perhaps you’re a litigation clerk, a paralegal or a project manager who loves the idea of working in the legal field. Join our OWD team and work directly with our litigators by providing matter management support for our complex disputes.
The successful candidate will be providing support in a portfolio of complex disputes, with the following responsibilities:
• Monitoring and reporting on timelines and deadlines
• Assisting with budgeting/billing and docket monitoring
• Working with lead partner to coordinate file team and staffing
• Supporting internal and external matter reporting
• Organizing and managing high volumes of documents in the firm’s document management system
• Managing matter workstreams and keeping the team on top of deadlines
• Managing undertakings process through proprietary software
• Leveraging firm applications to gather, review and analyze data relating to matters in your portfolio
The role requires:
- Passion for litigation and willingness to learn litigation practice. Previous law firm or litigation experience an asset but not required
- A Law Clerk, Paralegal, Legal Administration Diploma, JD (or equivalent) and/or Project management qualifications are an asset
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to efficiently multi-task and prioritize competing demands under strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a high-pressure and time sensitive environment and balance competing priorities
- Energized by a fast-paced setting and a willingness to innovate the way litigation is practiced
- Superb attention to detail and ability to handle and protect confidential material
- Resourceful with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Experience with or desire to learn the use of docketing platforms, project management applications, document review software, project management applications and other specific litigation applications
- Available to work occasional overtime, including evenings and weekends as needed
How To Apply
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please apply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date, directly to our online application portal. Please note that we are currently working in a hybrid work arrangement, allowing for a remote and in-office environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.