Osler has an exciting opportunity as a Paralegal in our Montréal Corporate Services Department. As a member of the team, you will play a key role in managing the corporate records of our clients. This is an excellent opportunity for a paralegal who is looking for a new challenge in a growing team.
What You’ll Do
You will be working closely with lawyers, students, other paralegals from the Montréal team as well as the paralegals in our other offices and legal administrative assistants to deliver quality legal services to our clients. As our paralegal, you will be involved in a wide variety of legal tasks including:
- Assisting lawyers with corporate, commercial and tax related transactions involving all types of corporate entities.
- Reviewing corporate records, drafting detailed reports and preparing the necessary remedial documents.
- Preparing documents relating to, among other things:
- Articles of Amendment in connection with various changes;
- Declaration of dividends;
- Share transfers/allotments/redemptions/repurchases/transmissions;
- Partnerships – registrations/amendments;
- Director and/or officer appointments/resignations/removals;
- Québec registrations and other extra-provincial registrations; and
- Changes of registered office address.
- Attending to government filings with Corporations Canada, the Registraire des entreprises du Québec and other corporate registries.
- Overseeing and preparing all annual maintenance documents, including annual resolutions and annual corporate filings, for your assigned corporate clients.
- Handling client inquiries and day to day corporate related tasks.
What You Bring
You are a team player with a flexible and positive attitude, have the ability to establish priorities and can work well under pressure. In addition, this position requires an individual with excellent organizational, communication and written skills in both French and English. You embrace evolving technology and have strong computer skills. Prior experience with EnAct and securities filings, are not required, but would be considered an asset.
Osler Offers You
Paralegals play a vital role on our team. At Osler, we thrive on collaboration and know that working together means we can offer more creative and innovative solutions to our clients, which include the country’s most prominent corporate leaders as well as U.S. and international companies with interests in Canada.
Our firm members are passionate about teamwork, love creative problem solving and are dedicated to helping our clients succeed.
We are a firm that values and promotes diversity, and provides equal opportunity and accessibility to all legal professionals and staff. We are also deeply passionate about giving back and support a variety of social and community initiatives.
How To Apply
Let’s get started
If you are ready to take your next career step with us, we want to hear from you.
Please email your complete application (cover letter and résumé) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.