Are you ready to take the next step in your legal career? Join Osler’s Pensions and Benefits Department as an associate in our Toronto office to work with the top pensions & benefits practitioners in Canada. Recognized by leading publications — including a Band 1 ranking in Chambers Canada for our market-leading expertise, you’ll be part of an integrated team of lawyers dedicated to providing a solutions-driven approach for our broad client base on both sides of the border.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- 3 to 6 years of pension law experience
- experience advising plan administrators, plan sponsors, trustees, and major institutional pension funds on a wide range of matters including pension plan design, administration, governance, legislative compliance, fiduciary responsibilities, plan wind-ups, pension fund investment, surplus strategies, and pension and benefit issues arising from corporate transactions
- experience advising clients on employee and executive compensation programs including supplemental retirement arrangements and deferred profit sharing plans
- superior communication and drafting skills
- excellent academic credentials
How To Apply
Consistently ranked as one of Canada’s leading business law firms by clients and leading independent reviews, Osler prides itself on attracting and developing the brightest talent in the legal arena. Within a firm culture that nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas, Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
If you’re ready to take your next step and join our team, please submit your cover letter, résumé and all postsecondary transcripts directly to our online application.
No agencies please.
Applications submitted outside of our online application portal will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.