Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our more than 1,000 firm members are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York.
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our lawyers, students and business professionals have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
Osler is currently recruiting for a Performance Management Specialist to join our Legal Talent department. Working under the direction of the Manager, Legal Talent and in tandem with a peer Performance Management Specialist, this position plays a key role in the performance review and compensation setting processes for our legal professionals across all six offices.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead the implementation and coordination of firm-wide processes and procedures with respect to evaluation, performance management and compensation matters for legal professionals including:
- administrating the mid-year and year-end national performance review processes;
- managing the data, reporting and consultative processes integral to the year-round partnership admission process;
- preparing and maintaining performance related material, reports and tracking with oversight of all data collected and retained;
- leveraging technology and leading the viDesktop performance review processes;
- maintaining and continuously enhancing the internal performance and progression sites for our national committee of partners responsible for talent management;
- Updating and maintaining confidential e-files and personnel databases;
- Assisting in various other legal professional performance management related programs;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a post-secondary education in Human Resources or a related discipline plus a minimum of three years’ relevant experience gained in a law firm or other professional services organization. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Impeccable organizational skills & accuracy/attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable managing multiple and competing deadlines
- Goal-oriented, with a process improvement mindset
- Strong team player
- Client service oriented with a friendly, professional demeanor
- Strong interpersonal, listening and written/verbal communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Suite and particularly Excel as well as Adobe
- Experience with viDesktop and docketing software InTapp an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
How To Apply