Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you have a passion for innovation and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
Take your next step and join Osler Works – Transactional (OWT), located in our Ottawa office, as Practice Coordinator, Emerging High Growth (EHG) and be part of a team dedicated to using cutting edge technology and streamlined processes to transform the way we deliver entity management services for emerging and high growth companies (EHGC).
Reporting to the Associate Director, Corporate Services, this position will work with clients, legal and administrative team members to support the legal entity management platform for EHGC.
- Responsible for EHG client onboarding to the legal entity management platform, including extracting relevant information from the company minute book and inputting on to the platform
- Working closely with and providing support to the Transaction Clerks, EHG on client and administrative matters
- Working closely with stakeholders within OWT to create a streamlined process to verify entity data and coordinate amongst members of OWT
- Responsible for general legal entity management platform maintenance for clients, including responding to general questions and providing assistance with updates
- Working with the vendor of the legal entity management software to become a super user
- Supporting client related tasks on an ad hoc basis
- Undertaking projects and other responsibilities, as assigned
Education and Experience
University degree or college diploma (including a Law Clerk diploma) in a business or social science discipline plus one year of relevant work experience is desired. Experience in a professional services environment is an asset. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Passion for innovation, the legal industry and start-up companies
- Energized by a fast-paced setting and able to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- A high technology proficiency and are adaptable to change
- Extremely well organized with superb attention to detail Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player who also works well independently
- Disciplined execution and follow-through; excellent time management skills
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills and problem-solving mindset
- Strong ability to learn existing business practices
How To Apply
Consistently ranked as one of Canada’s leading business law firms by clients and leading independent reviews, Osler offers the successful candidates the benefit of working with more than 400 of the best legal minds in the country and the opportunity to develop your skills in this innovative and exciting area.
If you have strong attention to detail, can manage multiple deadlines, work in a fast-paced environment independently and as part of a team, and are looking for a unique opportunity, please apply in confidence with a cover letter and a detailed résumé.
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing date: June 28, 2021
No agencies please.